Broadcast Playout Automation
Whatsapp to playout in 60 seconds
Images and Video sent via whatsapp will be enabled for playout in in flat 60 seconds.
Frame accurate mirorred playout output from independent playout engines with auto switch-over
Linux based Rock Solid Architecture
Enables unparalelled robustness to the system, which is paramount to a broadcast setup. A true “fit it and forget it” solution.
Hot backup nodes
Inbuilt fail-over identification and auto switching ensures stable throughput even if a node fails due to any hardware failures
End to End Media Management
From the simplest of workflows to the most sophisticated ones QuickEdge MediaWorker module automates various tasks such as Proxy Generation, File movement, house Keeping, auto backup etc
User Configurable Layout with memory
Acknowledging that each individual operators have their preferred user layout & Shortcuts, the layout can be switched back to one’s preference in a press of a button
MCR Playout application is an Playout client optimized for MCR operations. Integrations with Graphic Systems, Switchers and other devices is emphasized in this application for automated Manual intervention free playout. Secondary events will be auto trigerred by the MCR Application.
- Mirrorred Playout Support
Automated Seconday events firing
Integrations with leading Broadcast management Systems
PCR Playout application Client is optimized for Playout situations which demand quick – last minute changes to the Playlist which often happens in a News environment. The user interface layout is designed to enable changes quickly. The PCR Application integrates natively with Newsroom Computer Systems
- A/B Roll Playout
- Manual Override possible for NRCS Playlist
- Supports mirror Mode for Failsafe Operation
- Runtime information is fed to Newsroom Computer System[NRCS] and the current playing clip, cued and played information will be updated to NRCS users.
QuickEdge Ingest application enables control of multiple ingest ports from a single user interface. Both Scheduled ingest and Crash recording are Supported
- Router Control
- Automated categorization and meta data management
- Growing file can be Played
MediaWorker – The Heart of the automation engine provides the API for other modules to access and manipulate media files. Its multi node architecture ensures that it can scale both vertically and horizontally, failure of a node is gracefully handled without any effect on the day to day operations.
- Rule based and automated File Movement across storage Devices
Intelligent auto purge with configurable deletion settings
- WhatsApp Integration – Media from Whatsapp will be avialable for playout within “Seconds”. Transcoding of WhatsApp Images and Video is automated
- Handles growing files flawlessly
- Supports devices with CIFS/FTP/NFS & Cloud File Systems
Controls and integrates with various other devices such as VTR, switchers, Character Generator(CG), routers & switchers on Insustry standard communication Protocols.
- Automated switching in case of hardware failures
- Complete VTR control during ingest operations
- Browse & Insert CG templates directly on-to the playlist
PROXY ENGINE & TRANSCODING
High Performance frame accurate low res proxy videos of all the ingested media. Proxy can be used for rough cut and EDL preparation in NRCS. Inbuild Transcoder helps you convert media on the fly to various broadcast format and codecs. For High Load transcoding needs QuickEdge integrated with Industry leading Transcoding Solutions like harcomic Carbon and TeleStream Episode
- Multi format/codec transcoding for delivery across web & Mobile platforms
- User Definable quality & resolution of Proxy media
Integrates with other Newsroom systems on the Industry Standard MOS Protocol which enables newsroom users to be in sync with the ststus of the Rundown.
- Supports Mos Protocol version – 2.6 & 2.8.3
- Sends all clips status to the Newsroom Computer System
- Shows Individual media server Media ready Status
- Built around Linux Operating System with core principles of Robustness and security
- Sophesticated Redundancy & ports mirroring Capabilities
- Client server architecture with a light weight client which controls multiple playout ports from a single interface
- Fully MOS Protocol Complaint which supports all major Newsroom vendors
- Unique Traffic & scheduling Feedback system identifies and alerts users about any deviation from the planned schedule
- As-run-log generator with detailed reports and export to standard file formats
Client Workstation: Min Requirements
CPU:Intel Core i3
HDD:100 GB HDD
MEMORY:1 GB RAM
NETWORK:Gigabit Network card
OPERATING SYSTEM: MS Windows: 7 Pro, 8 Pro
Mac OS X: Leopard, Snow Leopard, Lion, Mavericks
Linux: Any distribution with GUI support
A Cohesive and Flexible Automation Solution
QuickEdge offers unparalleled versatility in terms of the its architecture and design. What makes it different is the flexible core engine which can adapt to a variety of workflows. Be it a simple 1 channel Playout or multiple Media server automation the MediaWorker engine adapts and provides a seamless workflow.